Salsa is a very popular and playful social partner-dance with strong influences from Latin America, particularly Cuba and Puerto Rico. Salsa is danced all over the world and there are many different styles.
In salsa a dancer shifts their weight by stepping, the upper body remains level and nearly unaffected by the weight changes. Weight shifts cause the hips to move. Arm and shoulder movements are also incorporated. Arms are used by the "lead" dancer to communicate or signal the "follower," either in "open" or "closed" position.
Dansarna.se offers courses in LA Style Salsa (On-1 line-style), Salsa Cuban Style and Rueda de Casino which is Cuban style salsa danced in a circle with synchronized moves and change of partners.
- Salsa - Beginners
- Salsa Beginners is a course for the absolute beginner. We teach basics steps in both LA Style and Cuban Style as well as a taste of Rueda de Casino. After this course you should feel comfortable with the salsa rhythm and music, know the basic steps of salsa, lead/follow simple moves and make you own combinations of the basic moves you have learned. Most importantly you are now ready to start dancing socially.
- Salsa - Improvers
- Salsa LA/Cuban/Rueda Improvers are courses that focus on specific styles of Salsa or Rueda de Casino. You should already know and feel comfortable with the basic steps and rhythm of Salsa and we recommend that you have attended a Salsa Beginners course corresponding to at least 10 lessons. We introduce common moves and techniques in the specific salsa styles. We recommend students that want to broaden their skills to attend more than one course on Improvers level before taking more advanced classes.
- Salsa - Intermediate
- Salsa LA/Cuban/Rueda Intermediate are courses that focus on more challenging moves, patterns and techniques of the specific styles of Salsa or Rueda de Casino. You should be comfortable with the most common basic moves and techniques of the dance and an active social dancer. We recommend that you have at least 1 year of courses and dancing in the specific style. We recommend that you attend several courses on Intermediate level.
- Salsa - Advanced
- Salsa LA/Cuban/Rueda Advanced are courses at the most advanced level offered by Dansarna.se. Advanced moves, choreography and performance are the focus of the Advanced courses. We recommend that have at least 2 years of courses and dancing on Improvers and Intermediate levels as well as being an active social dancer.
- Salsa - Ladies Styling
- Salsa Ladies Styling is a courses specifically focused on styling tips and techniques for followers. You should have at least attended a Salsa Beginners course before taking the Ladies Styling classes.